For discussing rugby and other bon mots

You are not connected. Please login or register

Romanian Club Rugby

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Romanian Club Rugby Empty Romanian Club Rugby Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:46 am

Quind

Admin

Courtesy of amz we now know we can watch some games live by going to http://www.rugbytv.ro/

Just seen part of one game, some big lads out there if not perhaps the highest skill level. A good fun game to watch though, keep an eye on it for upcoming events.

2Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:50 am

amz

here you can find main website of Super Liga in Romanian with lineups and all kind of news:
http://www.super-liga.ro/

3Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:24 pm

amz

this is the second game of the round (not broadcasted by national TV) but still a decent stream:

http://www.rugbytv.ro/2014/04/17/baia-mare-steaua-17-04-2014.html

game was broadcasted live but can be watched later.

here are lineups:
http://www.super-liga.ro/informatii-meci/?im=2091

Baia Mare is the host team and vice champion and Steaua third placed last season but they lost a lot of players who transfered to better founded club; they don't have financial issue just they can't match the budget of some teams from outside Bucharest.

Players to be watched:

Baia Mare:
no. 11 Hihetah is a Romanian international who played for London Scottish for a season (qualifies trough mother); he is coming after a bad injury.
no. 10 Wiringi - Kiwi, probably next FH of Oaks, will become eligible this Autumn I think
no. 1 Pristavita - 20 yo prop , one for the future
no. 14 Ciuntu - Oaks wing, was injured for 2 years but he come back with some good play

Steaua:
no. 11 Dumitru - 23 yo wing with a bright future
no. 2 Sosefo - Tonga U20, an interesting option at hooker
no. 8 Lucaci - usually a 6 or 7 but one of Oaks backrows, good carrier

4Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Quind

Admin

At first glance Ciuntu will attract the most attention in the UK

5Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 pm

amz

Ciuntu was a pretty good winger until he injured pretty badly and stayed one year. He put lot of weight during this time so he resembles with a frontrow last season. Now he lost some weight and seem to be back in form.

Last game of the day on rugbytv.ro at 20:00 (Romanian timezone, 18:00 UK timezone);

Game will be between Timisoara (last season champ) and Farul (4th place last season)

http://www.rugbytv.ro/

Lineups here:
http://www.super-liga.ro/informatii-meci/?im=2089

Players to watch from Timisoara
No. 4: Drenceanu - second row
No. 5: Poparlan - second row
No. 7 : Lazar - backrow, usually at 6 , brother of Lazar, Castres' prop
No. 12: Kinikinilau - center , will be eligible and selected for Oaks
No. 15: Fercu - best Romanian player with instinct and talent for rugby, I think he can be confortable in any HCup side; has a great ability to play well even against better opposition.
No. 22: Conache - 23 yo utility back but he delivers best at FH or FB

Players to watch from Farul:
No. 1: Tamba - 22 yo prop, big and fast

Farul will lack chemistry because is full of players who signed just this season but is the main team in a region that loves rugby (Dobrogea).

6Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 pm

amz

The partnership between RCM Timisoara and Saracens has been officially announced. The Romanian club will not change its name or colours. Saracens will assist with know-how in various fields (but mainly in training). A player exchange has also been mentioned for the future. Edward Griffiths said that he wants Timisoara to be strong enough to play in the RCC in ten years as a result of this partnership. He also hopes to see in the future a new system for the 6N: three divisions with promotion and relegation between them.

7Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Quind

Admin

The clubs have just spent a lot of time telling the unions they should run the club game, it's a bit silly to now as a consequence start telling the unions how to organise the test games. So even though I do agree with Griffiths, but he does need to shut up about the 6N.

8Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Thu May 22, 2014 8:58 pm

amz

9Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Thu May 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Quind

Admin

I think at his age it's a tough squad to get into. I think I've said before but he needs to push ahead of Michael Tagicakibau and Ransom with Wyles likely nailed on as part of the squad and Goode/Ashton/Strettle all first choice.

It's not impossible, but he needs to be over whatever has perhaps stopped him in the past (probably including flying problems) and he needs some luck including no injury setbacks.

10Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Fri May 23, 2014 9:12 am

amz

Only thing I fear for him is eventual injuries.

About flying, he regularly flies in Europe but he has troubles flying on other continents. I have never heard him being so enthusiastic in declarations, usually he is reserved. He's a true champion and I am not worried for him whatever his competition is. Not the last, he has a knowledge of the game that I have rarely seen, it's like he was educated in NZ rugby system with excellent knowledge of tactics and technique.

Also he's a product of old school Romanian rugby, he don't want to play sevens (although he'd be great at) because he thinks that is just for training and girls  Very Happy and will all his speed and agility as main assets he gladly join mauls.

11Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Fri May 30, 2014 2:31 pm

amz

Another AB in Romania:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campbell_Johnstone

He signed from Biarritz and is coming to CSM Bucharest, club that is likely to make it for the first in the Top 4 (playoff).

12Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Fri May 30, 2014 2:55 pm

Quind

Admin

He's pretty decent. Not sure he works hard enough, but a good player.

13Romanian Club Rugby Empty Re: Romanian Club Rugby Fri May 30, 2014 3:10 pm

amz

Giving his experience, I think is beneficial for our young guys from CSMB; there few young and good prospects there.

Here is a list with young players that I'd like to see soon at test level.

Looseheads
Petru Tamba (Farul Constanta) - in amazing form, great runner with ball in hand
Constantin Pristavita (Baia Mare) - excellent strength and technique, confortable with ball in hand
Paul Petucher (U Cluj)
Ionel Badiu (Rodez) - both Romanian props at Rodez are quite young, it's worth testing them. A few caps might help them find a better club.
Tudor Stroe (Tarbes) - if he wants to play for Romania, let's see what he can do

Tightheads
Vlad Badalicescu (Farul Constanta)
Florin Sasu (Farul Constanta)
Teodor Bors (Dinamo)
Alexandru Gordas (CSM Bucuresti) - remember this name for the future
Costel Burtila (Rodez)

Hookers
Alexandru Oancea (Baia Mare)
Florin Bardasu (Baia Mare)
Cristi Cornei (RCM Timisoara)

Second row
Marian Drenceanu (RCM Timisoara) - probably the most under-rated Superliga player, big enforcer
Dorin Lazar (RCM Timisoara) - big enforcer, can also play 6 or 8, brother of Mihaita Lazar, Castres' prop
Marius Antonescu (CSM Bucuresti)

Flankers
Cristian Murgoci (U Cluj)
Vlad Nistor (Castres)
Alexandru Mitu (CSM Bucuresti)
Ion Adrian (CSM Bucuresti) - strength
Razvan Ailenei (U Cluj) - excellent carrier with an eye for tries

Number 8
Andrei Bucurescu (Dinamo) - tall running eightman

Scrum half
Ciprian Caplescu (Dinamo) - a good player, always in the shadow of Calafeteanu and Surugiu, deserves a chance; more complete as a player compared with the two others, can play more styles.
Victor Dumitru (RCM Timisoara)

Fly half
Filip Lazar (St. Jean D'Angely) - if we have a young fly half in Federale 1, we should test him
Radu Ludosan (Bourg en Bresse) - only 18 years old but he's got all the skills. This is a key position for Romania, so we could try to speed the development of this excellent prospect.

Centres
Andrei Filip (CSM Bucuresti) - playmaking center, can also play FH but seem more confortable at 12
Mihai Merca (Dinamo)
Raoul Paxaman (ACS Flamingo) - only 18 but I think he can play for the seniors already. He has a combinations of speed and power that's very rare among Romanian backs and he's also an excellent kicker. He could become a better version of Vlaicu.
Andrei Ilie (Farul Constanta)

Wingers
Ionut Dumitru (Steaua)
Florin Ionita (Steaua) - also plays center, good carrier
Robert Neagu (Farul Constanta)
Stefan Ciuntu (Baia Mare) - in great form this season, big wing
Silviu Tanase (Dinamo)

Fullback
Gabriel Conache (RCM Timisoara) - I wonder when Howells will finally notice this player. We need him, especially if Fercu goes to England and won't be available for every match.
Daniel Statulescu (CSM Bucuresti) - utility player with very good boot

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum