Rugby Consultancy

For discussing rugby and other bon mots

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will rival fans be screened off from each other at the RWC?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Quind

Admin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/10793355/Rugby-World-Cup-2015-Plan-to-segregate-fans-threatens-to-spoil-the-party.html

A solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and actually the solution is stupid and runs contrary to much of what makes rugby what it is. I've not read the article as my immediate reaction to the story leaves me too angry to digest further, but I'll suppose they think segregating fans will help create pocket of fans and thus noise. Suffice to say I'm not in favour.

Raggs

Apparently it's bullshit. BCM has stated clearly that it was never discussed at a RWC meeting.

Quind

Admin

It would seem they mean fans will be in blocks of seating only, not segregated. And that similar to the HEC approach and it is about creating groups of fans to drive the atmosphere. Have to say I have concerns about the culture that creates as sitting with fans of the other team should be seen as a normal thing, not having to chant to them. But the story is written to make as much of it as possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum