Rugby Consultancy

For discussing rugby and other bon mots

You are not connected. Please login or register

So here we stand (or sit) going into the last few matches to sort the play-offs, relegation, and possible European places

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Quind

Admin

As of now Wuss seem nailed on to go down, and have a right old ding-dong with Brizzle in the Championship next season. Five of the top six looks settled in Bath, Quins, Sarries, Saints and Tigers, then pick one from Wasps, Exeter and Sale. Sale lack a bit of class, Exeter are stuck a little trying to expand their game, and Wasps can't beat a 14 man London Irish team - can't pick the 6th spot from those three.

Going into the semis as things stand I'd expect a Saints Vs Sarries final, with Saints winning if enough of their 1st XV are fit to give it one more big effort. But seeing as I tipped Sarries (which I did last season too) i'll stick with Sarries to win the AP.

Raggs

Wasps have just made it far far harder on themselves to make top 6 with the last two games.  I just hope we don't see another complete collapse.  Saints to win the AP, but I reckon Bath could take out Sarries in the Semi.

Quind

Admin

Bath have a lot of strike runners, but even then I'd expect the Sarries setpiece power to give them too much territory for Bath to hold them. If the Bath lineout improves it could be too close to call.

Raggs

I'd back Bath to do ok in the set piece too, Sarries will have all their power back admittedly. I'd much prefer Sarries were in the final than Bath.

Quind

Admin

That Bath lineout looks a little dodgy to me. Webber an' Hooper up against Borthwick wouldn't fill me with confidence. Also whilst the starting scrums look similar Sarries are able to bring way more power off the bench.

Courage1989

Courage1989

I'd expect Saints in all honesty to beat Quins in their current state.

The progress of Charlie Walker, and more recently Joe Trayfoot is pleasing, but we lack probably enough of an all round game to hurt Northampton at the moment. Playing at Franklin's won't make things an easier either. This is all basing on if Quins get to 4th, which is where they are currently.

Bath vs Sarries is going to be hard to call. Ford vs Farrell also, arguably. I wouldn't want to pick a winner in that match. A fully fit wilson, I might edge bath even at Allianz Park, but if Wilson is slightly unfit I'd back Sarries, just.

For England I'd prefer a Sarries vs Saints final, if only to give Ford and a few others much needed caps and game time.

Saints to win the league, but the battle to get to the final will be hard to call.

Quind

Admin

Really bad news for Quins that Collier is out for much of if not quite the remainder of the season. I suppose they now need to eek as many games from Sinckler and PDJ as possible, so there's a chance here PDJ can avoid the worst signing of the season award.

Courage1989

Courage1989

Sinckler will be ahead of PDJ and is starting tomorrow too.

A good time for Sinckler to get games actually. Very talented young prop, who is better technically than Marler was for his age.

Quind

Admin

I'd agree Sinckler should be ahead of PDJ, but PDJ will need to play. It's too many games for such a young prop to back up from now until April

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum