Rugby Consultancy

For discussing rugby and other bon mots

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rugby League

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rugby League Empty Rugby League Tue May 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Quind

Admin

For the benefit of Skand who's been complaining there wasn't anything to read I'm putting up some comments about rugby league in time (I think) for the State of Origin matches. Tbh honest I didn't know Aussies or Lesser Aussies could read, but there we go.  

So the series heads to Suncorp where Queensland are likely favourites and NSW are complaining about the refs even before the whistle. I think all neutrals (who can bare to watch) will be hoping the Maroons lose as the series has lost some of the edge one finds in a close contest, right now it's more like NZ Vs Wales in rugby than NZ Vs SA. But can that happen?

Brad Fittler is said to be having a positive impact in his quasi coaching role with the Blues, but there does seem something of a gap in talent when you look at the actual squads. Though that could be ignorance on my part, either on League or just in general. I'm told the Blues are struggling a little more going into this of players already lost to injury, but for the last few years they have at least taken the series to a decider.

QSLD

1. Billy Slater, 2. Darius Boyd, 3. Greg Inglis, 4. Justin Hodges, 5. Brent Tate, 6. Johnathan Thurston, 7. Cooper Cronk, 8. Matt Scott, 9. Cameron Smith, 10. Nate Myles, 11. Chris McQueen, 12 Matt Gillett, 13 Corey Parker, 14. Daly Cherry-Evans, 15. Ben Te’o 16. Josh Papalii, 17. Aidan Guerra 18. Will Chambers, 19. Jake Friend

NSW

1. Jarryd Hayne, 2. Brett Morris, 3. Josh Morris, 4. Michael Jennings 5. Daniel Tupou, 6. Josh Reynolds, 7. Trent Hodkinson, 8. Aaron Woods, 9. Robbie Farah, 10. James Tamou, 11. Ryan Hoffman, 12. Beau Scott, 13. Paul Gallen, 14. Trent Merrin, 15. Anthony Watmough, 16. Luke Lewis, 17. Tony Williams

Obviously Cooper Cronk has one of the more stupid names in the world never mind just in pro sport, but I have at least seen him play and he's rather decent. If I've seen Reynold and Hodkinson play I've no definitive memories of such so I can't back them to somehow guide their team to a win. And then looking at Slater, Inglis, Smith... well I've got to say it's a win for the Maroons.

2Rugby League Empty Re: Rugby League Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:58 am

Quind

Admin

And so we find ourselves about a week out from the third game, and rather than focus on the rugby, as really there wasn't any of that in the 2nd game I thought I'd have a look at what's amusing me.  Namely Will Chambers getting into trouble at a bar, and being questioned by police after a patron informed them he wanted to press charges of assault against Chambers (it seems over some altercation Chambers repeat pushed him to the floor so not overly serious, but there may be more to it) but what makes it amusing are the words of one Mal Meninga, coach to the Queensland team "I’m very thankful that the quality of player in the Queensland side puts the game first. They understand their responsibilities and they don’t jeopardise their positions or the opportunity to be selected in the Queensland side. That’s what makes me extremely happy."

And he said that after the Blues had to stand a player down for an incident in a bar I believe. Skand might be able to confirm as I don't follow League too closely. But get in Mal, that's just a great quote now.

3Rugby League Empty Re: Rugby League Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Quind

Admin

If the Blues complete a series whitewash it's believed Todd Carney will be providing drinks for the winning team, what a night out that promises to be

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum